Worms W.M.D is live now on Nintendo Switch!
The worms are back in their most destructive game yet and there’s never been a better time to get stuck in!
Challenge your friends anytime, anywhere whilst taking advantage of the Nintendo Switch’s unique features including HD Rumble. But there’s so much more waiting for you, check out what you’ll be getting to grips with below…
- Wonderfully 2D: The best implementation of the Worms formula yet, with a brand new worm design, and gorgeous digitally-painted 2D artwork.
- Vehicles: Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series. Dominate the landscape in warfare-ready tanks, take to the skies to unleash hell from from above in helicopters and more!
- Buildings: Keep your head down, and hide out in a building. Buildings provide a tactical advantage by hiding away your worms, and keeping them safe from direct attacks!
- Crafting: No more waiting around while your opponents take their turns! Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make fiendishly upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies!
- Classic Worms Physics and Gameplay: Our brand new engine recreates the feel of the fan-favourite entries in the series; and sees the reintroduction of the much loved Classic Ninja Rope!
- New and classic weapons: Over 80 weapons and utilities at your fingertips, including many returning classics and a slew of new additions such as the Dodgy Phone Battery, the Unwanted Present and the OMG strike.
- Mounted Guns: As if over 80 weapons and utilities wasn’t already enough! A range of different gun types are placed around the landscape, allowing your warmongering worms to do even MORE damage!
- Hilarious single player plus online and local multiplayer warfare: Worms W.M.D comes locked and loaded with a huge arsenal of Training Missions, Campaign Missions and Challenges for the solo player. Train up then head online to create havoc in multiplayer modes including ranked play and Forts! Feeling some local multiplayer? Then grab your friends and play with up to 6 players on one Nintendo Switch, hot seat style, or multiple Nintendo Switch consoles wirelessly.
To celebrate Worms W.M.D coming to the Nintendo Switch we’ve thrown in something a little special, coming first to Nintendo Switch:
- A new space theme, Wormhole
- Two new Forts – Mushroom and Tree
- Three new hats
- three new gravestones
The time has come to unleash chaotic turn-based mayhem anytime, anywhere with anyone!