Sons of the Trichroma,
It’s time to go on a digital adventure! Narita Boy will be released on PC, PlayStation® 4, Nintendo Switch™, and Xbox One on 30th March. The narrative-driven Metroidvania adventure is inspired by the electronic pop culture of the 1980s, with a synth-wave soundtrack and neo-retro aesthetic to match, as players are sucked into the Digital Kingdom to fight for its freedom… and for the memories of its human creator.
Prepare for the final countdown to March with a new techno-trailer:
- Go back to the future: A homage to the eighties with a new spin on classic gameplay styles, Narita Boy takes players back in time for a blast from the past
- You have the power!: The Techno-Sword can be used alongside mysterious magic so that players can carve and blast their way through enemies great and small
- Might as well jump: The classic 2D platformer will see players explore imaginative landscapes and navigate a plethora of pixel art environments
- Pixel-perfect story: Encounter weird and wonderful digitised characters on a journey to discover the secrets of the Digital Kingdom and its elusive creator
- Pump up the jam: Inspired by the glory days of analogue synthesizers, the pumping soundtrack turns back the clock for this techno-journey.
Team17 and Studio Koba are also leading the charge on the Saving The Arcade World, a campaign powered by Narita Boy and created to raise awareness of the plight facing arcade games and arcade amusements. Team17 has partnered with The Strong: National Museum of Play in Rochester, New York, The National Videogame Museum in the UK, and Arcade Vintage: Museo del Videojuego in Spain, to ensure this distinct and important part of video games history is protected and preserved.
The synthwave track Saving The World from the official Narita Boy soundtrack is now available to stream on Spotify and all major online music platforms, and to purchase from dozens of digital retailers including the iTunes Store and Amazon Music. Royalties from the sale of Saving The World go towards the Saving The Arcade World campaign until the launch of Narita Boy. A digital charity event is also planned for later in spring, with a percentage of each sale also contributing to the campaign. The final amount raised will split equally between the three museums to continue and develop preservation projects.
Share your arcade memories on social media with #SavingTheArcadeWorld. To keep up to date with all the information on Narita Boy please like Studio Koba on Facebook, follow the studio on Twitter and Instagram, and join us on Discord.