Spin records, save lives, and survive the graveyard shift in our brand-new original IP and VR development debut, set in a radio station and inspired by classic ‘80s/90s horror-comedy movies!
Shock-jocks-in-training can tune in below for a mysterious new announcement trailer:
What is Killer Frequency?
Killer Frequency is a brand-new horror-comedy set in a 1980s mid-American town where a serial killer is on the loose looking to maximise their kill count. Coming to Meta Quest 2 and Steam via flat screen mode in 2022,
Killer Frequency will players take the night shift at the local radio station and help listeners as they’re stalked by the mysterious masked killer.
As the gruesome night unfolds, interact with callers using a variety of conversation options while listening carefully for clues and information, solve puzzles around the studio that could help prevent each caller’s grisly demise, and keep the show going with tunes inspired by the decade. Players can also explore the studio building, and interact with authentic items from the era, including a working turntable and a cassette player.
- Unique horror-themed radio DJ experience: Take control of the switchboard and explore an authentic 1980s radio studio as you guide the fates of your late-night listeners stalked by a mysterious killer
- Real-time decision making and puzzle solving: Take calls from potential victims while gathering clues, making decisions, and solving satisfying puzzles that could help each caller survive the night
- Fully voice-acted story & retro ‘80s-inspired soundtrack: Interact with a variety of larger-than-life personalities including callers, potential suspects, and a charismatic producer while jamming to a jukebox of 1980s-inspired tunes
- Optimised for VR and flat screen: Built from the ground-up for the Meta Quest 2 at 72 frames-per-second for a latency-free experience, and available in flat screen mode on Steam
- Branching dialogue options and multiple endings: Choose from a variety of conversation options to interact with callers – will you guide them to safety or broadcast their last moments live on air?
Killer Frequency is being developed internally by Team17. To keep up to date with all things Killer Frequency, wishlist the game on Steam now, like it on Facebook, and follow on Twitter.