You herd it here first! The animal and farming updates are out now on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
Check out what’s new below:
- Players are now able to tame the following animals: Big Cats, Wolves, Elephant Birds, Boars, Deer & Stags, rabbits.
- Certain objects are required to first pacify the animal and second to lure them back to a Pen.
- Tamed animals have a higher chance of dropping special ingredients.
- Players are now able to Breed the following animals: Big Cats, Wolves, Elephant Birds, Boars, Deer & Stags, rabbits.
- Certain foods can be used to encourage breeding.
- Labyrinths end rooms are now occupied by a mini boss. Certain mini bosses will drop the recipes you need for taming!
- Bat mini boss.
- Boar mini boss.
- Elephant Bird mini boss.
- Cat mini boss.
TAMING CRAFT TREE
- 3 types of breeding food.
- A new animal luring item.
- A pipe component used in other recipes.
- 5 types of tranquilliser blow-pipes.
- New items added to loot tables.
- A new structure tree has been added including:
- Taming table.
- Small animal pen.
ANIMALS AND PLANTS
- New animals and dangerous plants.
- The Wolves, Tank Bird and Flock Birds!
- Three new dangerous plants, some found in specific biomes.
- Dangerous plants now drop items used in tranquillisers.
- Players can now plant and grow their own crops including new varieties of plants to grow. Remember to water them!
- Domesticated crops can offer a higher yield of resources including rare items.\n- Dangerous plants can now be grown to act as base defences.
- New cooking recipes have been added utilising new crops.
- New structures and items have been added to support.
- Monkeys can now plant seeds and water if taught.
- Seeds can be found on certain animals throughout the world.
- A bench that allows players to colour walls, floors and chests to suit their tastes.
- Tools and weapons can now be repaired with the new repair bench.
- Weapons and tools can now be improved by using the grindstone structure.
- Alchemy bench allows the player to transmute certain items into others.
- Food processor bench allows food resources to be converted.
- Cosmetic structures have been added including pond that can be populated with fish.
- Refuse pit can be used to destroy items.
- Decorative water features have been added.
- A new faster raft can be crafted using crop resources.
- Nets and fish traps can be crafted enable catching fish live or for food.
- Raids are now focused on the player and occur during bloodmoon. Players now receive plenty of warning prior to a raid to enable them to pick the right course of action.
- Tamed animals can be used as guard animals.
- Access to a larger inventory via a backpack has been added.
- Alternate methods of pickup have been added, no need to spam the button.
- No longer needs to be selected, as long as it is in the inventory it will be used.
NEW RARE RESOURCES
- Rare resources are now present in the world needed for some recipes.
COMBAT & STAMINA
- An overhaul to combat giving more fluid combat.
- Greater control over direction of attack.
- Lunge and knockback changes.
- Stamina has been altered reducing running out when in combat and harvesting resources.
- Flatter difficulty curve for enemy health.
- Damage values added to weapon tooltips.
- Durability values added to tooltips.
- Some reworking of weapon and tool values to make clearer the benefits of using the right tool for the right job.
- Better colour coding on items to make clearer their rarity.
- Baby animals are now present in the world.
- New rare crops have been added to the world (*requires new save).
- Monkeys now ‘bark’ needs as well as an icon.
- Loot pools have been rebalanced.
- Summon favourite monkeys from anywhere with the new summoning banana.
- Durability on weapons and tools increased.
- Slight increase to player and monkey movement speed.
- A host of new recipes have been added to complement and support new features.
- Online privileges are now turned on by default.
OTHER CHANGES AND FIXES
- Key costs of labyrinths changed to reflect new difficulty.
- New items in the Mysterious Strangers shop.
- New attack patterns for cats and boars.
- Devil boars will now appear more frequently in the world.
- The night is dark and full of terrors – there are now more large predators at night.
- Removed collisions from bushes to help with the common complaint that people felt they were constantly getting stuck in the environment.
- Tweaked combat so that actions can be interrupted, you don’t need to wait for the whole animation to play before dodge rolling for example.
- Fixed an issue where biomes were not triggering their visual effects correctly. Hostile biomes will now feel less welcoming.
- Fixed an issue with one of the Labyrinth rooms being broken.
- Fixed an issue where the Quest privilege option was incorrectly labelled.
- Fixed an issue with the Mysterious Stranger’s store where players were unable to sell a stack of items.
- Fixed various issues with the behaviour of Mysterious Chests in online sessions.
- Fixed an issue where Torches and Braziers were no longer animating.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to rotate wooden chairs found in the wild.
- Fixed an issue where the bloodmoon effect would appear a day before the world was replenished.
- Fixed an issue where Shadows were displaying incorrectly around Teleporters.
- Fixed instances where sleeping could cause a desync between the visual and actual time of day.
- Fur rugs are no longer able to be placed ocean tiles using the raft.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from using the Host’s shared monkeys unless both players have the privilege turned on.
- Fixed an issue which caused raft music to continually play.
- Fixed an issue where players could place storage chests on swamp tar pits.
- Fixed an issue where the growing up particle effect for baby animals was desynced.
- Fixed an issue where pins placed in Vaults and Labyrinths were incorrectly displayed outside of these areas.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Structural Integrity Trophy to unlock when building the Taming Bench.
- Fixed an issue preventing interaction with some lootable objects.
- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions a player’s monkeys could not travel back with them when leaving an online session.
- Fixed an issue where on rare occasions after a raid, damaged chests could no longer be used by monkeys.
Thanks for reading and we’re excited for console players to give these new updates a go!
Keep up to date with all the latest Survivalists news below: