Today we’re excited to announce the launch of The Escapists 2: Pocket Breakout on iOS and Android devices. This mobile version of The Escapists 2 lets you experience the life of a virtual inmate as they (fake to) adapt to prison life all while planning their escape! Attend prison routines, complete jobs and favours, beat up guards and fellow inmates and loot the items you need to make your way to freedom!
So what’s The Escapists 2: Pocket Breakout?
At its core, it’s The Escapists 2 you know and love. We will, however, be rolling it out slightly differently, with additional content being added over time.
At launch, you’ll get 5 prisons to escape from:
Precinct 17 (the tutorial)
Center Perks 2.0
The five remaining base game prisons will all be added over time completely free of charge, giving you a continuous reason to dive back in. We’ll have more details about additional content roll-out in the weeks and months to come.
The Escapists 2: Pocket Breakout supports drop-in/drop-out local multiplayer allowing you to play with fellow escapists each on their own mobile or tablet device. This allows you to very easily jump between solo-play and co-op any time you want.
The Escapists 2: Pocket Breakout features:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life.
- 5 unique prisons to escape from: Precinct 17, Center Perks 2.0, Rattlesnake Springs, K.A.P.O.W Camp and Area 17. Remaining base game prisons coming for FREE in the future.
- Local wireless multiplayer for up to 4 players.
- Customise your inmate with new customisations to create your perfect prisoner.
- Buy, barter and beat your way to acquiring the much-needed items to create dozens of crafting combinations to aid your escape!
- Put the craft in crafty! Scheme, sneak and traverse through prison life. Forge friendships and pull the wool over guards’ eyes as you use your skills and wits to plot your escape!
- Participate in prison routines like roll call, exercise or job time to blend in so guards don’t suspect a thing…
- Available in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian.
- Multiplayer available across iOS and Android devices. Anyone can play with anyone.
- Four available control schemes;
- Virtual joystick allows you to play with virtual analog stick and buttons. Custom button sizes and locations are available too. Enabling dynamic mode will make the joystick appear wherever you place your finger.
- Touch controls allow you to press anywhere on the screen after which your inmate will make their way to that location (if possible).
- Direct touch controls allow you to press anywhere on the screen and have the inmate run in the direction of your finger.
- Wireless Bluetooth controllers are fully supported as well.
If you’d like to show off your love for The Escapists 2, we’ve created some free wallpapers for several mobile and tablet devices, that you can download below; just click your preferred screen resolution.
To celebrate today’s launch, we’ll be livestreaming the game over on The Escapists Facebook page at 4pm GMT today. Join us and get your questions answered in chat!
See you on the inside!