A lone French soldier fights for survival amidst the terror and danger of mankind’s most brutal and horrifying conflict, in a new and original take on survival horror, coming to PC in 2024
Team17 and Australian developer Catchweight Studio today announced a partnership to bring CONSCRIPT to PC in 2024. Created over six years by a solo developer in Melbourne, Australia, CONSCRIPT plunges players into the trenches of World War 1 in a survival horror experience inspired by the classics of the genre.
Set in 1916 during the Great War, CONSCRIPT blends the punishing mechanics of classic horror titles into a cohesive, tense, and original survival horror experience. In CONSCRIPT players explore the trenches of Verdun as a lone French soldier searching for his missing-in-action brother to ensure a home goes unbroken.
Plan. Explore. Survive. Players will dive into the madness of war, engage in brutal combat against enemy soldiers, manage limited supplies, and solve complex environmental puzzles.
To go hands-on with CONSCRIPT, play the demo now on Steam. Media can contact Team17 PR representatives for meeting opportunities at the Australian Pavilion in Gamescom’s Business Hall.
- Experience classic and methodical survival horror gameplay in a unique historical setting: the Battle of Verdun.
- Highly re-playable with various difficulty settings, multiple endings, unlockable costumes, and bonus weapons.
- Fend off a variety of enemy soldiers and combatants with a variety of WW1 melee weapons and firearms.
- Survive in an intense, harrowing atmosphere boosted by a unique pixel art aesthetic and oppressive sound design.
- Navigate intricate level design that promotes item management and route planning, whilst solving complex environmental puzzles.
- Distinct WW1 themed areas that intertwine and overlap.
“Catchweight Studio is really just me,” says Jordan Mochi, founder of Catchweight Studio. “So, after six years of development, I’m glad to have backup from the experienced people at Team17. CONSCRIPT emerged from my own love of history and my love of survival horror. I’ve long dreamed of making games and of creating stories for people to play. Over the last six years, I’ve been happy to see a community of players grow around CONSCRIPT, and I’m looking forward to working with Team17 to launch the game for the community and players around the world in 2024.”
CONSCRIPT is being developed by Catchweight Studio. Learn more about CONSCRIPT at CONSCRIPTGame.com and CatchweightStudio.com. To keep up to date, wishlist the game on Steam, follow on Twitter, see it on YouTube and join the community on Discord.
Developer Jordan Mochi will be available at Gamescom’s Business Halls on the Australian Pavilion (Hall 3.2 Stand CO10-DO19) where a demo of CONSCRIPT will be available to play.
For more information please contact:
Danni Amos | Gianfranco Lagioia @Honest PR