It’s time to experience a platformer where you cannot jump!
We’re powering up for the release of puzzle-driven, magnetic platformer, Super Magbot – coming to PC & Nintendo Switch on June 22nd, 2021! Today marks the release of a debut demo, now available on Nintendo Switch! You can play the Super Magbot demo on Steam, too! #RUMagbotEnough?
Check out the brand new magnetised trailer:
Poles apart from any other games in the field, Super Magbot sees players control the character of Magbot, an endearing robot who uses blue and red magnetic beams to attract and repel themselves across the platforms, perils, and pitfalls of the game world!
How does the demo work?
In the demo, you will be able to access the first 15 levels and a timed set of harder levels from later in the game, with players able to head back into these challenges multiple times to try and beat their score. Using the hashtag #RUMagbotEnough, we hope you can share their scores with others on social media to see who can be THE Super Magbot!
- Tutorial levels and additional levels from world 1 (15 total)
- A timed portal set at 15 minutes; which includes additional levels from world 1, 2 and 1 of the harder levels from world 3. These levels are designed to give you a taste of some of the more difficult content
- A timestamp once the demo has completed displays how long it took you to complete the additional portal levels.
- Once the demo has been completed, you’re free to go back and select individual levels to play.
- To access the bonus levels, you need to click level 15 and it will automatically skip the cutscene and take you through the bonus levels.
Can you tell me more about the game? This sounds like a challenge!
Sure! The system of Magnetia is in great peril as an evil villain tears through the galaxy. It’s all down to one robot explorer to save the day – Magbot!
Armed with the power to control both positive and negative magnetic polarities, Magbot must navigate through a myriad of challenging platforming environments to save his home planet of Mag Tek.
- Use Magnetic Force to Attract: Use the power of magnetic attraction to pull yourself towards platforms and across perilous pitfalls.
- Use Magnetic Force to Repel: Magbots are very heavy and can’t jump! Use to power of magnetic repulsion to boost yourself through the air!
- Collect Star Fragments: Master each level by collecting hard-to-reach star fragments that unlock additional challenges.
- Enjoy Classic Gaming Vibes: With vibrant 16-bit style pixel art and an energetic chiptune soundtrack by Rafael Langoni.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Play the Super Magobt Demo today by visiting Super Magbot on Steam (Don’t forget to wishlist ;)) – or power up your Nintendo Switch and download the demo! See you on June 22nd! We hope you’re ready…