As we explained in the last announcement, we’ve changed the way that we deliver you updates. We’ve now got to a stage where Steam and Xbox One updates will hit at the same time, with the same content. We’re also splitting our updates into two types, ‘Hatch notes’ and bigger themed updates like this one!The Combat and Quest update shakes things up in a number of ways. We’ve changed the way the combat look, with a new interface and new options. You can now steal from enemies, disarm them or even inflict a bleeding status effect on them. There are now quests where NPC’s in the wasteland with give you tasks, so look out for yellow markers on your map. And if you hear a knock on your door, it may be the beginning of a new scenario, a different form of quests with new tasks and challenges.
Alongside the work we’ve been doing on making new features, we’ve been targeting bugs and tweaking the game to make it an overall better experience. For instance selecting one of the female heads will no longer create an avatar with two heads anymore (not that we discriminate against that kind of thing!)
Right, it’s time to close the hatch and get comfy, you’ve got a big read ahead of you…
• New Quest Feature – 6 Quests have been added to the game.
• New Scenario Feature – 3 Scenarios have been added to the game
• Quest tab added to Journal. Player can use this to track active quests.
• First Aid Kits can now be crafted.
• New look for the in-game UI.
• Bandages added to the game. Bandages are used to remove the ‘Bleeding’ status effect.
• Menus can now be scrolled through using a mouse wheel. (Steam only)
• Able to automate characters by using the H key as well as the HOME key.
• Junk items have been added to the game.
• Improvements made to encounter user interface to bring it in line with new combat UI.
• UI style and colouring has been changed. Menus are now brown with white text.
• Flashbangs can now be crafted at the workbench.
• Pipe Bombs can now be crafted at the workbench.
• New Combat UI.
• Ability to disarm enemies in combat.
• Ability to steal from enemies in combat.
• Ability to use items in combat to damage enemies and heal your characters.
• Ability to defend in combat to reduce incoming damage.
• Bleeding is now a status effect in combat causing those inflicted with it to lose 5 health at the beginning of their turn.
• New status icons in combat (dazed and bleeding).
• Able to loot enemy’s weapon if they were killed or subdued in combat
• New encounters UI.
• Grenades can now be found at locations.
• Snares and Rat Traps can now be harvested multiple times per use.
• New background image for Airport location.
• New background image for Barracks location.
• Fog of War has been removed from the map. Locations now appear as question marks and change icons when they have been discovered.
• New information overlay for solar panels.
• New image for Luxury Toilet
• Changes to upgrade cost of Level 3 and 4 Work Bench.
• Changes to crafting cost of various tiers of Water Butt.
• Changes to crafting cost of various tiers of Pantry.
• Changes to crafting cost of various tiers of Storage Crate.
• Reduced crafting cost of ladders.
Bug Fixes and Changes
• The following objects now use the correct icons in the workbench menu:
o Small Water Butt
o Medium water Butt
o Medium crate
o Bunk Bed
o Efficient Shower
o Efficient Toilet
• Able to turn 2 person expeditions back into one person expedition without having to leave the expedition setup menu. (Steam only)
• Recycling plant now correctly stops functioning at 0% integrity.
• Recycling plant cannot be put into a continuous loop by recycling nothing.
• Pantry descriptions have been updated.
• Spelling correct for the Auto Pantry
• Fixed graphical error with women cargo pants in combat
• Combat will now end immediately if an NPC is killed by a counter attack.
• Reduced the rate of encounters in wasteland.
• Trauma is now correctly applied to character after killing enemy in combat.
• Combat resolved UI has been changed.
• Luxury beds description has been updated to include the fact it removes the food poisoning status when used.
• Grammar changed in the description of the painting item.
• Spelling correction in the description of homemade medicines.
• Snare traps will no longer collide with objects when being moved.
• Avatar image for girl no longer shows 2 heads when a certain head was selected.
• Arrows in the expedition setup menu have been changed to green.
Remember, all these updates are fueled by the excellent feedback you’ve been providing, so please keep it coming.
Love Sonny, Dean & Team 17
Forged Battalion launches on Early Access on January 16th!
TIGA Awards 2015
Debbie Bestwick, Team17
MCV Awards 2015
Person of the Year
Mega Sales Award
Develop Awards 2015
BAFTA Breakthrough Brit 2015
Mouldy Toof, The Escapists
TIGA Awards 2015
TIGA Awards 2014
Develop Awards 2014
UK Game of Show 2014
Best of 2013
What Are People Saying?
"Overcooked is, simply put, a hilarious game to experience with a bunch of friends.”
7/10 - "Penarium's quirky design - modelled after retro arcade games - and dark influences definitely give it impressive razzle-dazzle"
8.7/10- "The Escapists: The Walking Dead is ambitious, unique and thoroughly entertaining"
9/10 – “Beyond Eyes is a breathtaking accomplishment,” Pure Xbox
8/10 – “The Escapists is a gratifying game that provides dozens of hours of entertainment. Planning an escape and watching it unfold is endlessly satisfying, and a successful breakout leaves you feeling jubilant,” GameSpot
"Worms Crazy Golf is a super blend of puzzler and strategy game" 9/10, Amazing
"Alien Breed is definately worth grabbing!" 5/5
“Mmmm, dad casserole.”
"Worms 3 is quite frankly one of the most accomplished multiplayer experiences on mobiles" 90%, Gold Award
"Worms Clan Wars is worth your time and cash!" 8.5/10
7/10 – “Full of Team17's wicked humour”, Pocket Gamer
7/10-The Escapists: The Walking Dead can be recommended to everyone who enjoys the series (both the graphic novels and the TV show), and it's a wonderfully charming interpretation that strikes a balance between loving tribute and gentle parody.