We’re powering up for the release of puzzle-driven, magnetic platformer, Super Magbot, on PC later this year with today’s release of a debut demo available on Steam!
Catch Magbot’s magnetic personality in this fresh trailer:
Poles apart from any other games in the field, Super Magbot sees players control the character of Magbot, an endearing robot who uses blue and red magnetic beams to attract and repel themselves across the platforms, perils, and pitfalls of the game world!
So, how does the demo work?
Posing the question, ‘Are You Magbot Enough?’ #RUMagbotEnough – the demo provides a taste of the challenging platforming set to feature in the full game later this year, where global leaderboards will be present for players to compete and post their best times. The most talented players can also collect more difficult Star Fragments hidden in tricky locations in each level too, providing an extra layer of challenge. These colourful 16-bit worlds also hide additional secrets to uncover as Magbot unravels the intergalactic mysteries of the adventure.
In the demo, you will be able to access the first 15 levels and a timed set of harder levels from later in the game, with players able to head back into these challenges multiple times to try and beat their score. Using the hashtag #RUMagbotEnough, we hope you can share their scores with others on social media to see who can be THE Super Magbot!
- Tutorial levels and additional levels from world 1 (15 total)
- A timed portal set at 15 minutes; which includes additional levels from world 1, 2 and 1 of the harder levels from world 3. These levels are designed to give you a taste of some of the more difficult content
- A timestamp once the demo has completed displays how long it took you to complete the additional portal levels.
- Once the demo has been completed, you’re free to go back and select individual levels to play.
- To access the bonus levels, you need to click level 15 and it will automatically skip the cutscene and take you through the bonus levels.
Can you tell me more about the game?
Sure! The system of Magnetia is in great peril as an evil villain tears through the galaxy. It’s all down to one robot explorer to save the day – Magbot!
Armed with the power to control both positive and negative magnetic polarities, Magbot must navigate through a myriad of challenging platforming environments to save his home planet of Mag Tek.
- Use Magnetic Force to Attract: Use the power of magnetic attraction to pull yourself towards platforms and across perilous pitfalls.
- Use Magnetic Force to Repel: Magbots are very heavy and can’t jump! Use to power of magnetic repulsion to boost yourself through the air!
- Collect Star Fragments: Master each level by collecting hard-to-reach star fragments that unlock additional challenges.
- Enjoy Classic Gaming Vibes: With vibrant 16-bit style pixel art and an energetic chiptune soundtrack by Rafael Langoni.
Super Magobt will be releasing this Summer on Steam! Good luck out there 😉