King of the Castle, a narrative-driven, streaming-led, PC multiplayer game set in a fictional fantasy kingdom, in development at London-based studio, Tributary Games, coming to Steam in 2023! 👑
Take your rightful place on the throne and lead a fantasy Kingdom to a new Golden Age or to catastrophic disaster! Play with 3 to 3,000 other players who will make up your Council of squabbling Nobles and will vote on your every decision. Face difficult dilemmas where every option has far-reaching consequences for the Kingdom. Navigate politics, regional conflicts, and perhaps even all-out rebellion as your untrustworthy vassals scheme to overthrow you.
King of the Castle is a multiplayer fantasy game of shifting power dynamics and intrigue where the narrative is driven by its players. It features two co-op game modes:
Play with Friends
In Web Mode, your friends can join your game as Nobles and vote on your decisions through their web browser on mobile or desktop – meaning that only one player needs to own the game.
Play on Twitch
In Streamer Mode, King of the Castle is fully integrated with the Twitch API. As the Streamer, you’ll play the Monarch and – with a simple “!join” command in chat – your audience can play as up to 3,000 Nobles of the Council, using chat commands to vote on your decisions and influence the direction your Kingdom takes!
- Make your choices carefully in your role as Monarch. All your decisions are subject to the votes of your backstabbing Nobles.
- Balance the competing demands of the different regions of your Kingdom – each with its own desires, difficulties, and ongoing plots.
- Bribe, persuade or intimidate your way through difficult votes that threaten to not go your way, or try to alter the laws to give yourself extra veto powers.
- Forge the unique history of your realm.[As the years pass, your Kingdom will change based on your decisions and the different regions of your Kingdom will rise and fall in power.
- Customize your Kingdom. The Monarch and Nobles can choose their own name, appearance, pronouns, and shields.
- Execute any Nobles who get a little bit too uppity – but watch out for their allies who might seek to avenge them…
- Foil the plots of treacherous Nobles as they pursue their own schemes to replace you with a puppet ruler of their own.
- Tax the regions of the Kingdom that get on your nerves and watch the gold (and salt) pile up!
- Watch your back – if your Nobles’ Defiance gets too high, they might just revolt against you in an epic and bloody civil war that will tear your Kingdom apart!
Keep the Balance
Upon joining the game, the Nobles on your Council are sorted into different regions of the Kingdom. One moment these regions will be pitted against each other – the next, changing circumstances will turn them into uneasy allies.
Each Noble will hail from one of the following lands:
- The Wintry North: where the honourable Chiefs feast in clan-halls atop snowcapped mountains.
- The Wealthy Coast: where the cunning Patricians luxuriate in their villas and run their trade guilds.
- The Vast East: where the ruthless Counts lurk in forbidding castles within eerie forests.
- The Untamed March: where the tough Barons guard your borders and train your troops
- The Scorching South: where the zealous Grandees dwell in sun-bleached manors and pray to the Ninth God for salvation.
Based on your decisions and the votes of the Council, over the course of your reign, some of these regions will become wealthy and prosperous, while others will descend into anarchy, or rebel against your rule.
As the Monarch, it’s up to you to keep them in check.
See our Royal Announcement trailer here!
King of the Castle Key Features
- Cooperative online multiplayer: Work together with friends or strangers via Twitch to steer the fate of your kingdom, tackle unique challenges, and play a key part in the downfall or prosperity of an empire
- Write your story: Play through hundreds of unique Medieval fantasy stories, each with their own characters, choices, and far-reaching consequences
- Give peace a chance… or not: As Monarch, balance the competing demands of your Nobles while keeping an eye out for brewing political unrest or revolts
- Democracy manifest: Bribe, persuade or intimidate your way through difficult votes, or alter the law entirely to give yourself extra sway in the polls
- Customise your kingdom: Ensure your legacy upon the land by choosing your name, pronouns, appearance, and even your family crest