A mighty update has landed in Hammerting!
Check out the new features below:
Combined Railway Station!
– The building previously known as Elevator Station is now known as Rail Station.
– The building previously known as Railway Station has been yeeted. (But will continue to work in your old saves) (And may come back in some form.)
– It can connect both to horizontal and vertical railways.
– Some say it can even connect to Inclined Railways. Extremely obscure reference warning: Or dress up as a stationmaster.
– Carts will now pick up and deliver items just like the dwarves will.
– Don’t worry, they will still transport dwarves!
– Platforms are now gone from the game. Use carts instead.
– Platforms are now gone from the game. That’s right, the rail and elevator network is now one and the same!
– Or is it just Incline Railway? Sloped Railway? The debate rages in the dev chat channels.
– This is for those of you who like to build your base diagonally!
Tool Automatic Upgrading!
– Dwarves will now automatically go to equip new items that are better than the ones they have in the toolbelt.
– This can be turned on and off. There’s also an option to customize how you want it to work.
– By default, the autoupgrade logic will attempt to figure out ONE profession per tool that it thinks it should look for when upgrading.
– Unallowed professions are ignored, and Favorited professions are preferred.
– The logic refreshes when the player favorites or allows a profession, and when the dwarf gains a level.
– It is now possible to equip items directly from a dwarf’s inventory.
Talents Automatic Acquire!
– It is now possible to set a dwarf to automatically acquire Talents when they level up.
– Double click on any Talent to set it, and all of its requirements, to be auto-acquired.
– Improved Talent tooltip.
Clean Inventory Action!
– Dwarves will go and drop off items they are carrying that aren’t reserved for something else.
– This has a higher priority than general work.
– Added new animations for Sewing and Writing.
– Different recipes will now use different animations.
– Added a mission notification on location entries in the outliner.
– Change the height and/or width of the Outliner.
– Change the size for Alert and Dwarf entries.
– Different parts can be moved to the left and right side of the screen.
– Different settings for when you’re viewing the Cave and the Overworld.
– List or icon variations for Alert entries.
– Lots of outliner tooltips.
– New icon variant for dwarf entries in outliner.
– Outliner scrollbars are now hidden if the list is too small.
– Rumor has it that parts can even be completely hidden!
– A Production Capacity modifier has been added, allowing for location production on the Overworld to differ based on various effects.
– It’s now possible to affect Faction Influence on the Overworld by paying a location with Trade Lore.
– New Overworld Missions: Mote & Beam, Axes for the Mill, Dwarven Embassy, Water for the Thirsty.
– Overworld prices are now updated on relevant events.
– Prices on the Overworld are now affected by your standing with the location’s faction.
– Various price tweaks.
Health & Desire Indicators!
– Added a notification when a dwarf becomes unconscious. This is also stored in the logbook.
– Added a tooltip on an unconscious dwarf if there are no healing items available for revival.
– Added new Alerts, warning when there are no Morale/Energy/Health items in the colony.
– Added notification for when a dwarf is attacked.
– With great automation comes great coin. Now you have somewhere to store it!
– The Small Vault has been added. It can store 10 gold.
– The Large Vault has been added. It can store 50000 gold. Yes, you read that right.
– Vaults are now the primary storage for your Mountainhoard.
– The Mountainhome can store a small amount as well.
– A Vaults Needed Alert is shown when your Mountainhoard is larger than how much can fit inside your vaults. Avoid this, or coin will be continuously wasted.
– Added an indicator by the Mountainhoard UI that’s visible when you are over capacity.
– Dwarves will, for now, still go to the Mountainhome Chest to take gold, but it will be magically teleported from an existing vault.
– All coins are in fact magically teleported to and from vaults. In the far future, we may figure out how to make the dwarves carry gold to them.
– Vaults visually display roughly how full they are.
Win Condition: Righteous Affluence!
– A brand new Cave Mission has been added. Upon completing it, you trigger a Win Condition.
– To complete the mission, you need to construct a Large Vault, and then fill it to the brim!
– You can continue to play even after winning.
– If you manage to do this, let us know! It is not an easy task.
Plus various tweaks and bug fixes! (full list here)
Keep up to date with the latest Hammerting news:
Hammerting on Twitter