Welcome to the Worms Rumble Open Beta FAQ!
On this page you should hopefully find the answers to the most common questions we’ve been asked about this weekend’s open cross-platform beta on PlayStation 4 and Steam.
If you have a question that isn’t answered below feel free to reach out to us on the official Worms Twitter account and we’ll answer your question there.
Now let’s answer your INCOMIIIIING questions:
When does the Worms Rumble open beta start and finish?
The beta starts:
8am GMT / 9am CEST / 12am PT / 3am ET Friday 6th November
And ends on:
8am GMT / 9am CEST / 12am PT / 3am ET Monday 9th November
How do I access / play in the beta?
The Worms Rumble Open Beta is free to download and play! Simply head to the Worms Rumble digital store page on either PlayStation 4 or Steam once the beta is live to download the beta and join the fun.
Please note: PlayStation Plus is required to play in the beta on PS4.
What can I play in the open beta?
This weekend’s open beta will feature the following:
Three Game Modes
Deathmatch (Solos), Last Worm Standing (Solo Battle Royale) and Last Squad Standing (3-player Squads Battle Royale).
Jump into the training mode to familiarise yourself with the game! Try out all the currently available weapons and utilities and try them out in the firing range.
Once you’re kitted up take on the target time trial and race for the fastest time!
New Arena – ???????????? ??????
Play a brand-new level in Deathmatch, Last Worm and Squad standing that literally transforms mid-match.
Focusing on verticality this map rewards worms who aren’t afraid to get their parkour on with wall jumping, the Grapple Gun and Jetpack!
Can I customise my Worm?
Of course! There will be a small selection of customisations available to unlock for your worm during the beta. The full game will feature a wide and varied range of customisations from hats, facial features and outfits to voices, worm colours and more!
Will my progress carry over into the full game?
No – Progress from the beta will not carry over to the full game when Worms Rumble launches on December 1st.
No – Cross-platform progression is not active in the Worms Rumble beta.
How do I pre-order Worms Rumble?
You can pre-order both the standard and deluxe editions of Worms Rumble on Steam right now!
What do I get for pre-ordering?
Early adopters of Worms Rumble will receive the rather snazzy ‘New Challenger’ DLC pack that includes:
When does the full game launch?
Worms Rumble launches on PS5, PS4 and Steam this December 1st!
How much does Worms Rumble cost?
How do I team up with my friends on the same platform?
You can invite players into your squad using your platforms native friends list or via Team17 account username, which is automatically generated when you first load up the game.
Your Team17 account name can be found under your PS4 / Steam account name when inviting a friend to your lobby and includes a hashtag with four numbers, for example ‘LordofWorms#1234’.
Can I cross-platform play with my friends?
Yes! If for example you’re playing on PS4 and your friend is on Steam you can invite each other using the Team17 account system detailed above.
Whether you’re on PC or PS4, you and your friends will be able to squad up to together in the Worms Rumble open beta.
Where can I share my feedback?
We’re excited to hear what you think about Worms Rumble and the open cross-platform beta!
From what you liked to bug reporting and general feedback, we’d love to hear from you. The best place to share your feedback will be in the following locations:
Worms Rumble Steam Forums
Worms Rumble Official Discord
What weapons are available in the beta?
From classic Worms weapons to brand new creations we’ve got a range of weapons and utilities for you to use and master!
What will your favourites be? There’s only one way to find out!
- Baseball Bat – Use for melee attacks and to knock back projectiles!
- Hand Cannon – Semi-automatic precision pistol that packs a punch!
- Assault Rifle – Trusty rapid fire, automatic rifle.
- Shotgun – Two barrels with widespread shots, perfect for CQC!
- Bazooka – Single fire, explosive rocket – a Worms classic!
- Plasma Blaster – A charging, bouncing laser. Great for routing out campers!
- Rocket Shield – Directional protection with built in rocket bash to whack enemies
- Sentry Launcher – Deploy up to three auto-targeting sentry turrets simultaneously
- Sheep Launcher – Launch a High velocity, explosive sheep that hunts down your foes! BAA!
- Hammerhead – Unleash a salvo of rockets from the jaws of this powerful beast…
- Med Kit – Restore health fast
- Energy Drink – Add energy shield
- Grenade – Throwable explosive, mean, green and a classic.
- Banana Bomb – Not one of your five a day. Clustered fruity destruction.
- Holy Hand Grenade – Huge damage for when you really need to smite some worms. HALLELUJAH!
- Grapple Gun – Shoot out a chain to ascend and swing around the arenas whilst using your weapons.
- Jetpack – Jet out of and into the action! Just watch your fuel…
What performance should I expect on each platform?
Players can expect the following performing during the open beta:
- PS4: 1080p 30fps (30FPS is beta only)
- Steam: Up to 4k and uncapped frames (System depending)
Keep up to speed with all things Worms Rumble and join the community at the following locations:
Follow Worms on Twitter
Like Worms on Facebook
Join the Worms Rumble Discord
Wishlist on Steam