Calling all hotshots!
We’ve seen some fantastic drives and putts from the community and we are now offering you the chance to win a Steam key for Golf With Your Friends so you can play with more of your, well, friends.
What do you have to do to be in with a chance to win one? Head over to the Golf With Your Friends Twitter page, post your best shots using the hashtag #GWYFTopShot and a winner will be chosen by a select panel of non-golfing experts at the end of each month. Terms and conditions apply.
If you want to know how to record your gameplay, you can use free screen capture software such OBS to capture your magic on the green. Alternatively, if you’re running Windows 10 there is a free Xbox App pre-installed that will allow you to do the same. Please follow the instructions below:
- Open Steam and launch Golf With Your Friends.
- Press the Windows key and the letter G at the same time to open the Game Bar dialog.
- Check the “Yes, this is a game” tickbox to launch the Game Bar.
- Press the Start Recording button (or Win + Alt + R) to start the capture.
- Stop the recording by clicking on the red recording bar that will be on the top right of the program window. (If it disappears, press Win + G again to bring the Game Bar back.)
And that’s it! You’ll find your recorded videos in MP4 codec in the Videos folder in a subfolder called Captures. You can then trim the clips by opening them with the default Windows Photo App.
Good luck and see you on the course!
Stay in the loop – sign-up to the Team17 newsletter!
Share your best video or gif from Golf With Your Friends on Steam
Contest platform: Twitter
Share on Twitter using: #GWYFTopShot
Format: <30 second video/gif
No. of winners: 1 Per Month
No. of entries: As many as you want
Make sure to follow @GolfWYF on Twitter to qualify for your prize – and so we can contact you if you win.
Terms and Conditions: Win a Steam key for Golf With Your Friends
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
- The promoter is Team 17 Digital Ltd, Castleview House, Wakefield, WF2 7AW. (“The Promoter”)
- The promotion commences at 15:00 GMT Thursday 11th April 2019 and closes on 23:59 GMT Sunday 1st March 2020. (The “Promotion Period”). There will be a new winner each month with entries only valid up until 23:59 on the last day of the month i.e. 23:59 GMT 30th April 2019. Any entries after this date will be considered for the following month.
- Directors, management, employees, officers and immediate families of the promoter and its related corporate bodies, employees of associated agencies involved in this promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must: a) Sign into their Twitter account b) Follow @GolfWYF on Twitter c) Share a video or gif of 30 seconds or less using the hashtag #GWYFTopShot
- The winning entry will be selected from all of the eligible entries submitted within the promotion period. Each entry must be original and must have been captured and created by the entrant.
- There will be one (1) winner per month winning one (1) Golf With Your Friends Steam key
- This promotion is open to entrants aged 13 or over across the world except residents in Germany, India, Canada or Australia. If you are younger than this age, you should ask a parent or guardian to enter on your behalf.
- The prize must be taken by the winner as stated and cannot be exchanged for other goods or services or redeemed as cash. Any element of the prize that is unused will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded in law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by the winner.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation of any aspect of the prize due to circumstances outside of its control. In such event, an alternative element of the prize will be arranged.
- The winner will be notified via Twitter Direct Messages to the account used to enter the competition within 28 days of the competition closing. If the winner does not reply to the notification with the information requested within 28 days, they will forfeit their prize. Prizes will be delivered within 28 days of the winner providing their delivery details. The promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for delays in delivery that are outside of its control.
- By submitting an entry to this competition, you grant the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such entry in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed)
- The promoter is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Entry details become the property of the Promoter. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their names, country of residence and entry details for promotional and/or marketing purposes. The winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity activities surrounding the promotion as requested by the Promoter.