Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, feedback and bug reports on The Stir of Dawn free DLC. The team have loved hearing about your experiences and really appreciate everyone that took a moment to make us aware of certain issues that needed addressing. Before we dive into the patch notes, a certain person who created the bosses you fight in The Stir of Dawn has a message for you…
- Fix to Switch memory issues, which could cause assets to appear as white boxes after an extended playtime.
- Kickstarter backers with access to the Golden Burden skin will now also be given the Alloy of Sin skin
A Message From Maikel – The Stir of Dawn
Hello Sinners! It’s Maikel, from The Game Kitchen.
The response for the release of our free DLC, The Stir of Dawn, has been INCREDIBLE. You’ve sent us so many kind words over social media, emails, and comments, that it took days and days to read all of that.
We’re really glad you liked the new content that much: the Penitences System, the spanish VO, and of course the dog-petting opportunities. Thanks a lot for your support, we at the development team are really grateful.
Releasing a huge update is not an easy feat though, and unfortunately it also comes with a new batch of issues and bugs. But we’ve been hammering down non-stop, and there’s a lot of fixes coming your way!
Those pesky Penitence Rewards will finally be actually granted to worthy penitents, and there’s a lot more fixes included.
Again, thanks for your support, and I hope you’ll keep enjoying Blasphemous.
Penitence Rewards – Rosary Beads.
Fixed an issue that caused Penitence rewards to reset after the credits, so players weren’t able to access their rewards. This is a retroactive fix, so you will be able to find the corresponding rewards you already earned in your current save slots.
Laudes – Post Fight Area
Fixed several issues with the location entered after the fight with Laudes, which could cause softlock, weird collisions, and even stop players from getting the reward located there.
Tres Angustias – “Dodge this”
Fixed an issue that caused Tres Angustias beam attack anticipation to appear outside the screen, so dodging them was only possible with the help of the Miracle.
Amanecidas Combat – Fight on!
Fixed issues during Amanecidas combats that created weird interactions after interrupting their attacks. This caused them to stop attacking anymore during the fight on rare occasions.
Ten Piedad – “You’re approaching me?!”
Fixed Ten Piedad fight so it can no longer be skipped by using the Linen of Golden Thread.
- Fixed an issue where the room in Gemino’s quest could be used to farm tears of atonement.
- Fixed an issue which caused the main menu background selection labels to display incorrect titles.
- Fixed an issue where Bleeding Miracle explosion didn’t cause damage to enemies.
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck inside a wall during a True Torment playthrough.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Penitence Selection menu to behave incorrectly during a second playthrough.
- Fixed an issue where the Chalice of Inverted Verses was not emptied after using a Prie Dieu warp point.
- Fixed a LOT of issues causing diverse achievements to not unlock correctly.
- Fixed map issues that caused some tiles to not reveal on rare occasions.
- Fixed an issue that created duplicates of the Penitent One while button-mashing during the cutest animation in the game. Please, keep petting that dog though, he’s a really good boy.
- Fixed an issue where the Ash Mountain wouldn’t slow down the Penitent One.
- Fixed an issue that caused Esdras to remain still and refuse to fight back.
- Fixed an issue that caused abandoned Penitences to remain marked as such, even after completing them in a later playthrough.
Penance Never Truly Ends…
That wraps today’s patch notes! Now LIVE on Nintendo Switch!
We hope these fixes bring blessings to your time in Cvstodia, thank you again for your patience and understanding whilst the team addressed what you fed back to us.
Penitent be the heart!
Blasphemous & The Stir of Dawn free DLC is available now on the following platforms:
Stay up to date with the latest Blasphemous information and news by: