With thousands of player-created The Escapists 2 prisons already available on Steam Workshop, there are definitely a ton of amazing creations out there. We want to celebrate the immense creativity among our players, and what better way than by holding a Prison Design Contest!
Whether you’re an experienced creator or are all new to the tools of The Escapists 2 Prison Editor (Pssst, find tips here), we’d love to see your creations. We’re leaving it open too, meaning you can create your prison(s) any way you want. Any theme, any tile-set, any objects, anything. Just be sure you’re not breaking any of Steam’s guidelines. You can publish as many prisons as you want within the competition period, as long as you include the word “Contest” in the prison name (so we can find it!). Feel free to be creative with this.
How do you win?
We knew you’d ask and creativity is key here. You can turn your prison into a piece of art by “drawing” it using the buildings, objects, tile-sets and more. You can make a prison based on something in the real or fictional world. You can create your dream (or nightmare) prison, a resort-type prison, a water world prison or whatever else you feel like. Just keep in mind; it has to be playable, and it must be possible to escape. And you can’t copy someone else’s creation!
If you’d like further inspiration, we’d encourage you to check out some of the existing masterpieces on Steam Workshop, or some of the custom prison videos available on YouTube.
Good luck, and have fun creating!
The Escapists 2 ‘Prison Design Contest’ Instructions
Game: The Escapists 2
Entries: As many as you like
How to enter: Publish an original, custom made The Escapists 2 prison map to Steam Workshop, including ‘Contest” in the prison name (so we can find it)
Competition Dates: March 7th 2018 – March 21st 2018
Prizes: £20 Steam Wallet Top-Up
Winners: Two (2)
Terms & Conditions: The Escapists 2 ‘Prison Design Contest’
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Steam, Facebook, or Twitter.
- The promoter is Team 17 Digital Ltd, Castleview House, Wakefield, WF2 7AW (“The Promoter”).
- The promotion commences at 15:00 GMT Wednesday 7th March 2018 and closes at 23:59 GMT Wednesday 21st March 2018 (The “Promotion Period”).
- Directors, management, employees, officers and immediate families of the promoter and its related corporate bodies, employees of associated agencies involved in this promotion are ineligible to enter this promotion.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must: a) Sign into their Steam account b) Publish one/multiple prison maps c) Include “Contest” in the prison name(s).
- The winning entry will be selected from all of the eligible entries submitted within the promotion period.
- There will be two winners. Each winner will win a £20 Steam Wallet Top-Up.
- This promotion is open to entrants aged 13 or over who are residents in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Russia and the United States. If you are younger than this age, you should ask a parent or guardian to enter on your behalf.
- The prize must be taken by the winner as stated and cannot be transferred to another person, exchanged for other goods or services or redeemed as cash. Any element of the prize that is unused will be forfeited and no compensation will be paid in lieu of that element of the prize.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded in law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by the winner.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation of any aspect of the prize due to circumstances outside of its control. In such event, an alternative element of the prize will be arranged.
- The winners will be notified by email to the account used to enter the competition within 28 days of the competition closing. If the winner does not reply to the notification with the information requested within 28 days, they will forfeit their prize. Prizes will be delivered within 28 days of the winner providing their delivery details. The promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for delays in delivery that are outside of its control.
- By submitting an entry to this competition, you grant the Promoter a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such entry in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed)
- The promoter is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the promoter, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory images or language. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON A WEBSITE, OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, WHETHER SUCCESSFUL OR NOT, THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Entry details become the property of the Promoter. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoter using their names, country of residence and entry details for promotional and/or marketing purposes. The winner agrees to participate in reasonable publicity activities surrounding the promotion as requested by the Promoter.