In a world shrouded in fog and ravaged by a never-ending evil, strategic planning and careful execution will be pivotal to surviving the onslaught of Nightmares that lurk in the darkness…
We’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with PlaySide Studios to launch Age of Darkness: Final Stand into Early Access on Steam on October 7th!
Age of Darkness: Final Stand is a dark fantasy survival RTS where you must illuminate, build and defend humanity’s last bastion against hordes of Nightmares. Set in the remnants of a kingdom consumed by a deadly fog, you decide. Will you hide in the light? Or take back your world.
During the day, gather resources, fortify defences, and recruit new members to the cause in preparation for nightfall when Nightmares will arrive en masse, relentlessly tearing their way across the procedurally generated map in order to reinforce ‘The Veil’, leaving darkness in their wake.
- Nightmares made real: Using an internally developed technology ‘SwarmTech’, Age of Darkness: Final Stand is able to render in over 70, 000 enemies on screen at any point
- All-consuming fog: Claim back the procedurally generated world from ‘The Veil’, a dynamic fog that conceals enemies, and drains the life from a player’s forces
- Earn your blessings: Each ‘Death Night’, a random affliction that modifies the game, testing the player’s best laid plans and ability to keep the darkness at bay
- A champion must rise: Leading the charge against the horrors that await, Heroes can be the key to turning the tide of battle with their unique abilities
- An army needs training: Configure your army differently each run with a skill tree system for different classes – grant your archers invisibility or imbue your sentinels with life-stealing rage