Thank you for expressing an interest in working with Team 17 Digital Limited (“Team17“).
Team17 respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal about you which is collected, handled and processed by Team17 in connection with your application.
We will process your personal data in accordance with, up to but excluding 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998, and thereafter: (i) unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR“) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any related national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time; and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation“).
Unless the context requires otherwise, terms defined in the GDPR have the same meanings when used in this Privacy Notice.
The personal data we may collect
We process certain personal data about you when you apply for a position with us either directly or via our Recruitment Software. The personal data we may process includes the following:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your work history and any other information contained in your CV or other documents (including education or training certificates)
- Your job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- A copy of your passport or other form of ID
- In some cases, permits and visas
- Your date of birth
- Your National Insurance number
- Full details of job offers and placements
- Financial information (including but not limited to payroll details and terms, HMRC data, pension scheme details, court orders and statutory payments)
- A log of our communications with you by email and telephone
- Any other information provided by you in connection with your application
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party who we work with, such as a Job Board Company or another employment business or agency (an “Agent“). In the case of references, these will be from your previous employer or other nominated referee.
The recruitment software we use via this website is supplied by Net-Worx (2001) Ltd (trading as networx) and they are defined as a Data Processor under the GDPR. They will only process your data in accordance with our instructions. networx can be contacted at: The Engine House, Wharfebank Business Centre, Ilkley Rd, Otley LS21 3JP. The Data Protection Officer for networx is Rob Baker and can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Special categories of personal data
In certain circumstances, we may need to process personal data relating to your health (for example, to deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions). This information may be supplied by you or may be supplied by a third party with authority to disclose the same such as your GP, Consultant or Occupational Health (a “Healthcare Provider“).
Any Equal Opportunities data collected will be anonymised/invisible in line with GDPR. The reason for collecting it is for statistical analysis and as such, it does not need to be and is not identifiable against a data subject/candidate.
How we use your personal data
Team17 will use some or all of the personal data referred to above to process your application, including:
- To match your skill sets with job vacancies to assist in finding you the positions that most suit you
- To keep you informed of available opportunities as they arise
- To establish that you have the right to work for us in the UK
- To deal with any medical and health and safety issues relating to certain positions
- To put in place contractual arrangements and documentation once a role has been secured
- To pay you and perform other services and obligations under any employment contract if you become employed by us
- To provide payroll services
- To carry out other business activities in circumstances where you have, or ought reasonably to have, an expectation that we will process your personal data for a particular purpose (including the fulfilment of any arrangements or agreements between us)
We use some automated screening tools as part of this application process. The answers you provide to one or more of the questions (excluding any special categories/equal opportunity questions) may result in your application being automatically declined. This technology is used to help us manage the high volume of applications we receive and can assure applicants the same outcome would occur if we manually reviewed your application.
The reason for the decline will be made available to you in your candidate account
We use CV Parsing as part of our application process. It will automatically populate answers to questions based on content within your CV. You have the ability to edit all answers and you must check they are correct before submission.
Our recruitment process requires that we contact the referees provided by you as part of our checks to ascertain suitability of employment. The content of the reference will not be shared without the referee’s permission.
We collect your data for statistical analysis or to extract it as part of a successful employee process in to our HR/Payroll system.
Should you be successful from the application stage, you may be required to carry out a video interview. We use a third party provider, The Needle to carry this out. We only send them the minimum amount of data required to perform this action.
Disclosure of your information
Your CV and related personal data will be shared with hiring managers and other personnel within Team17 for the purposes of assessing your application.
All the personal data we hold about you will be stored securely in the EEA. We will not transfer your personal data outside the EEA unless the relevant country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection or the appropriate safeguards are in place. Before such a transfer takes place outside of the EEA, we will provide you with further information concerning this.
Other trusted third parties that we may share your data with include your Agent (if any), HM Revenue and Customs, pension scheme providers (Ethos Financial Solutions), life assurance providers (Metlife), legal advisors and other companies for the purpose of undertaking pre-engagement checks for the role, for paying you or for providing occupational benefits.
Consent and/or Agreement
By accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice, you give Team17 your express, freely given consent and/or agreement to process any of your personal data (including the special categories of personal data mentioned above, if applicable) which Team17 collects in accordance with this notice for the purposes identified in this notice.
You may withdraw your consent given under this section at any time by contacting email@example.com. The withdrawal of your consent and/or your agreement shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before withdrawal.
What is the legal basis for Team17 processing your personal data?
Team17 may process your personal data (including the special categories of personal data referred to above):
- In accordance with your express consent given under the section above titled “Consent”.
- Where such processing as is necessary in order to perform any agreement between us (including any employment contract with us subsequently entered into by you) or comply with any legal obligation (such as confirming your right to work in the UK).
- Where such processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by the third parties identified above. These legitimate interests include:
- Internal administrative purposes.
- Processing your application and activities relating thereto (covered in the section entitled ” How we use your personal data”).
- Personalizing content we send you.
- Where you may have a reasonable expectation that we will process your personal data for a particular purpose.
In respect of your special categories of personal data only (in addition to any applicable lawful ground specified above), where it is necessary to protect health and safety or to prevent discrimination on the grounds of disability or for any other reason we have separately communicated to you.
Subject to any conditions or requirements set out in Data Protection Legislation or other applicable law or regulation, Team17 informs you that you may have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- the right to request a copy of your personal data held by Team17;
- the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held by Team17;
- the right to request that Team17 erases your personal data;
- the right to request that Team17 restricts the processing of your data (as set out in the GDPR);
- the right to have your personal data transferred to another organisation;
- the right to object to certain types of processing of your personal data by Team17; and
- the right to complain. In the first instance we recommend that you raise such complaint with Team17 by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, but you have the right at any time to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please refer to https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ for more information or call the ICO on 0303 123 1113.
Within your candidate account, you can also use the Download Data feature to generate an XML file of the current data we hold on you that you have provided and/or have access to within the account.
Retention of your data
Your data will be retained for no longer than is necessary and in accordance with our Data Retention Policy and the Data Protection Legislation. In normal circumstances the retention period will be 12 months after which your data will be fully anonymised or deleted.
Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to Daniel Drakett, Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Should any provision of this Privacy Notice be found to be invalid, that provision shall be construed as being deleted from this Privacy Notice without affecting the validity of any remaining provisions.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time in order to reflect any changes in Data Protection Legislation or other applicable laws or our internal policies. We will endeavour to notify you of such changes but, in accepting these terms, you hereby undertake to regularly check for an updated version of this document at www.team17.com/recruitment-privacy-notice