Team17 Games Label is busier than ever working on an array of successful and great new games IP. We are expanding rapidly – 2013, 2014 and 2015 have all been record years.
We offer a friendly and challenging working environment and multitude of different game IP’s across all platforms. We work with propriety and third party middleware. With such a variety you will not be bored!!
Team17’s games studio is based in the middle of Yorkshire – the home of a hundred Heritage sites, music festivals, art galleries and theatres. Close to Leeds, the coast, and the famous national parks of the Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors. With 40% of Yorkshire covered in National Park, it is hardly a surprise to find out that in a recent USwitch.com survey, parts of Yorkshire were categorised as the 2nd best place in the country to live.
We are now looking for an experienced Lead QA to join our expanding QA team. Their main responsibility will be to plan, manage and oversee a QA team during the full development cycle on one of our exciting new games.
- Accurately planning and leading the execution of the entire QA process on projects, from post production to release.
- Scrutinising QA team members day-to-day performance and focus.
- Taking ownership of the bug database and ensuring it’s constantly up-to-date.
- Creating clear and well-defined scheduling or test plans, tailored to individual project needs.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of platform holder certification requirements, processes and documentation.
- Training and mentoring members of the QA team in compliance test cases.
- Preparing analysis reports for Production staff and the QA Manager.
- Compiling a list of defects or any issues of design or implementation during a testing cycle.
- Identifying and articulating problem areas within a game.
- Participating in game reviews and evaluations to measure the functionality of a game against its design specification.
- Working side-by-side with development team Leads and production to track issues and provide any help to assist in the remedy of any defects.
- 4+ years’ experience within a computer game developer.
- Shipped a minimum of one game as the lead QA from preproduction to release.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft XR/Sony TRC compliance documentation.
- Good ability to communicate problems and the ability to understand the requirements of the development teams.
- Experience leading test teams and monitoring their progress on a daily basis.
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem solving.
- The ability to adapt to product changes and adapt testing practices to suit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly competitive salary and perks.
- Wide range of exciting titles on our label.