Team17 Games Label is busier than ever working on an array of successful and great new games IP. We are expanding rapidly – 2014, 2015 and 2016 have all been record years.
We offer a friendly and challenging working environment and multitude of different game IP’s across all platforms. We work with propriety and third party middleware. With such a variety you will not be bored!!
Team17’s games studio is based in the middle of Yorkshire – the home of a hundred Heritage sites, music festivals, art galleries and theatres. Close to Leeds, the coast, and the famous national parks of the Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors. With 40% of Yorkshire covered in National Park, it is hardly a surprise to find out that in a recent USwitch.com survey, parts of Yorkshire were categorised as the 2nd best place in the country to live.
We are now looking for an experienced Lead or Senior QA to join our expanding team whose main responsibility is to ensure that the entire QA process is planned and organised from start to finish.
In this role you will be responsible For:
- Planning and organising the entire QA process from start to finish on projects assigned to you.
- Scrutinising testers day-to-day performance and focus, as well as Mantis and test plan usage.
- Assisting the QA Manager in mentoring and training junior QA staff.
- Planning, creating and executing testing plans to ensure all titles are defect free and ready for any platform holder certification testing.
- Planning, creating and executing risk assessment documentation to assure that all projects pass smoothly through the QA cycle.
- Testing games to destruction to find and document any and all defects
- Being fully aware of format holders’ technical requirements and being able to add that knowledge to a comprehensive testing plan
- Compiling a list of defects or any issues of design or implementation during a testing cycle
- Preparing bug analysis reports for Production staff
- Identifying and articulating problem areas within a game
- Participating in game reviews and evaluations to measure the functionality of a game against its design specification
- Working side-by-side with development teams to track issues and provide any help to assist in the remedy of any defects
- Maintaining a positive atmosphere in the testing department.
- 3+ years’ experience within a computer game developer.
- Shipped a minimum of one game as the lead QA from pre-production to release.
- Good ability to communicate problems and the ability to understand the requirements of the development teams.
- Experience of mentoring more junior staff and monitoring their progress on a daily basis.
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem solving.
- The ability to adapt to product changes and adapt testing practices to suit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft XR/Sony TRC compliance documentation.
- Highly competitive salary and perks.
- Wide range of exciting titles on our label.