Apply for this role - Producer – Wakefield
We’re overjoyed to announce that there is an opportunity to join the UK’s most exciting, award winning developer and games label Team17. We’re looking for an experienced Producer to join us in delivering a plethora of brilliant games across all formats, working with both internal development teams as well as those in our development family spread across the world.
Who could pass on the opportunity to work with the developer/publisher behind titles such as Worms, The Escapists, Yooka-Laylee and so much more!
Proven experience is necessary for the role.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Production Director in creation and application of studio processes and production methods across internal and external projects.
- Managing projects from initial concept through to publication.
- Assisting the Production Director with resource allocation across all internal and external projects.
- Assisting the Production Director and Heads of Departments with identifying shortfalls in skills as well as helping with the recruitment process.
- Championing the team when it comes to de-risking projects. Helping the Leads to find the problems, and prevent them, before they occur.
- Working with Heads of Departments and Leads to establish a realistic project scope and schedule.
- Establishing the budget for development and then taking control over where the budget is spent.
- Supervising Producers and Assistant Producers to help them manage their own projects.
- Putting a mentoring process in place for Producers and Assistant Producers with a view to raising the knowledge, attitude and experience across the department.
- Performing regular appraisals on Producers and Assistant Producers.
- Working alongside the Release Manager to make sure that all projects adhere to the backend release roadmap.
- Identifying potential performance increase areas in both methods and resources with a view to assisting the Production Director on increasing studio quality and efficiency.
- Coaching of staff. Identifying opportunities to raise the bar and being able to roll out coaching sessions in a successful way that the results can be seen clearly within the studio.
- Being the glue within the teams, the person who steers the ship and brings all the disciplines together.
- Ensuring that the development of all projects occurs in a timely fashion, adheres to a budget and meets the high quality standards required.
- Ensuring that communication between Team17 and 3rd parties is maintained via both personal and electronic methods.
- Liaising with the QA Manager to assure that the QA phase is as smooth as possible.
- Assessing hardware needs and recommending feasible upgrade plans and strategies.
- Reporting to the Production Director on progress, budgets, risks, failures and any other issues.
- Working with programmers, artists, designers, audio staff and external contractors to ensure a good working environment and atmosphere.
- Managing the development roadmap, keeping all studios and stakeholders aware of developments throughout the project lifetime (including post launch and service support).
- Presenting development progress to stakeholders and commercial teams.
- Driving the On Time In Full mantra across the studio.
Skills & Experience Needed
- Must have a proven record of 2+ shipped tiles while in the role of principle producer (or relevant production role) on console or desktop formats.
- Must fit within the studio environment. Being both friendly and approachable but with a professional and energetic work ethic.
- Exceptional project management skills.
- Must be proactive and driven without need for supervision.
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be a natural leader who can motive and drive development teams and processes.
- Being personable and open minded in solving schedule issues relating to the complex development structure of game development.
- Must have exemplary organisational skills and have a solid understanding of modern project management methodologies and practices.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Must have an excellent, up to date knowledge of the games industry and gaming trends.
Highly competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
- TIGA Awards 2015
- TIGA Awards 2015
Debbie Bestwick, Team17
- MCV Awards 2015
Person of the Year
Mega Sales Award
- Develop Awards 2015
- BAFTA Breakthrough Brit 2015
Mouldy Toof, The Escapists
- TIGA Awards 2015
- TIGA Awards 2014
- Develop Awards 2014
- UKIE’s gamescom
UK Game of Show 2014
- App Store
Best of 2013
12th September 2017