Apply for this role - Lead Artist – Wakefield
Team 17 is one of the industry’s leading games studios, with a multitude of diverse IP’s across all platforms. Our award winning business with studios based in Wakefield and Nottingham we are busier than ever working on an array of successful and great new games IP. We are expanding rapidly – 2015, 2016 and 2017 have all been record years.
We are pioneering the way games creators work with publishing partners in a digital world. We have released over 70 games across numerous gaming platforms with sales in excess of 65 million units.
We are constantly looking for the best talents in the industry, enthusiastic artists that come to work every day with the desire to be a part of creating some of the best games in the world.
We offer a friendly and challenging working environment and multitude of different game IP’s across all platforms. We work with propriety and third party middleware and our collection of titles includes Worms, The Escapists, Overcooked, Yooka-Laylee and so much more! With such a variety you will not be bored!!
Team17’s games studio is based in the middle of Yorkshire – the home of a hundred Heritage sites, music festivals, art galleries and theatres. Close to Leeds, the coast, and the famous national parks of the Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors. With 40% of Yorkshire covered in National Park, it is hardly a surprise to find out that in a recent USwitch.com survey, parts of Yorkshire were categorised as the 2nd best place in the country to live.
We are looking for a Lead Artist to help shape our growing art department. You will need to be an exceptional artist, a great leader of artists and must also be able to work alongside producers, designers and programmers to make sure that our games not only look great but also meet project deadlines and milestones.
In summary, you will need:
- Experience of leading a team of artists in a studio environment
- Expert technical proficiency in areas of 2D and 3D art
- Good understanding of particle systems, shaders and post processing effects
- Experience of Unity 5 and Unreal Engine 4
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating your work for AAA titles
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive approach
- Imagination and creativity
- An energetic and flexible approach
In return you will get to work on a huge array of different titles and projects in an award winning and growing company where your talent and dedication will be rewarded.
Don’t forget to include a link to your portfolio when you apply so we can see how good you really are!
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in the UK for us to consider your application
Mega Sales Award
- Develop Awards 2015
- “Outstanding Contribution to UK Games Industry”-Golden Joysticks 2017
- Nominated “Indie Games Publisher of the Year” – Team17 MCV 2018
- BAFTA Games Awards 2017 – “British Game” – Ghost Town Games, Overcooked