QA Compliance Lead
Team17 Games Label is busier than ever working on an array of successful and great new games IP. We are expanding rapidly – 2013, 2014 and 2015 have all been record years.
We offer a friendly and challenging working environment and multitude of different game IP’s across all platforms. We work with propriety and third party middleware. With such a variety you will not be bored!!
Team17’s games studio is based in the middle of Yorkshire – the home of a hundred Heritage sites, music festivals, art galleries and theatres. Close to Leeds, the coast, and the famous national parks of the Yorkshire Dales and Yorkshire Moors. With 40% of Yorkshire covered in National Park, it is hardly a surprise to find out that in a recent USwitch.com survey, parts of Yorkshire were categorised as the 2nd best place in the country to live.
We are now looking for an experienced Compliance Analyst to join our expanding QA team whose main responsibility is to ensure that all of our titles are fully compliant against the relevant platform holder certification.
- Accurately planning and leading the execution of compliance test passes to ensure all titles are fully compliant against the platform holder certification documentation before submission.
- Maintaining internal compliance test plans and documentation to remain constantly up-to-date with all the format holders’ technical requirements updates.
- Creating clear and well-defined compliance test plans, tailored to individual project needs.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all platform holder Certification requirements, processes and documentation.
- Tracking and communicating any significant changes in platform holder requirements to all relevant parties.
- Undertaking relevant build verification tests to ensure all submission candidates are suitable for any submission type to platform holders.
- Liaising with platform holders to gather any necessary information relating to certification requirements.
- Responsible for analysing projects in their early stages to ensure they are compliant to platform standards, by providing useful and realistic feedback to the producer.
- Training and mentoring members of the QA team in compliance test cases.
- Preparing analysis reports for Production staff and the QA Manager.
- Testing games to destruction to find and document any and all defects.
- Compiling a list of defects or any issues of design or implementation during a testing cycle.
- Identifying and articulating problem areas within a game.
- Working to a set test plan that will be bespoke for each game.
- Participating in game reviews and evaluations to measure the functionality of a game against its design specification.
- Working side-by-side with development teams to track issues and provide any help to assist in the remedy of any defects.
- Full working knowledge of Sony PS4 TRC documentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good ability to communicate problems and the ability to understand the requirements of the development teams
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem solving
- The ability to adapt to product changes and adapt testing practices to suit
- Clarify and have confidence to escalate relevant issues where you feel the severity is misunderstood
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Imagination and creativity
- A flexible approach to work
- Be able to demonstrate great observation skills, a high attention to detail and the ability to remain focused.
- Proven experience and understanding of the Microsoft XR compliance process
- Be able to demonstrate a great knowledge of games and passion to achieve the highest levels of quality.
- Be experienced using defect tracking software/systems.
- Possess excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Highly competitive salary and perks.