Apply for this role - Community Manager – Nottingham (Preferably Chinese Speaking)
Team17 Games Label is busier than ever working on an array of successful and great new games IP. We are expanding rapidly – 2014, 2015 and 2016 have all been record years.
This exciting position is based in Team17’s Sales & Marketing team with dealing with all areas of Team17’s community activity.
We are seeking a creative, organised and innovative individual with a real passion for video games and their development. This individual will be working closely with the Senior Community Manager to champion our community relations both internally and externally, working to embed community activity within the core of everything we do at Team17.
The ideal candidate will ensure that Team17’s communities are managed to a very high standard and are kept up-to-date with engaging and informative content and continue to attract new consumers for the business. In particular they will be monitoring effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the Chinese and wider community, and analysing, reviewing, and reporting on effectiveness of new initiatives.
This position is based in our Nottingham office. Salary to be negotiated on offer depending on experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Working closely with the Senior Community Manager, create and execute community strategy for key Team17 products, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Nurturing and growing the Team17 communities for key products across all channels including Facebook, Twitter, Steam, Discord and console platforms.
- Answering all queries from Team17’s Chinese-speaking community on Steam and any other channels on which they are active
- Producing & participating in regular Team17 livestreams
- Attending events in the UK or internationally to represent Team17 and our products
- Tracking and reporting consumer sentiment across company social channels and provide recommendations to product development and commercial teams to inform decisions on product updates and future content
- Planning and managing a schedule of content that nurtures and grows Team17’s community across our owned channels
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with key content creators such as Twitch Streamers and YouTubers
- Moderating all User Generated Content according to the Moderation policy, liaising with the Legal team where required
- Acting as an advocate of the Company in the brand’s community and as the advocate of the community within the Company, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Generating compelling editorial for regular community newsletters, blog posts and platform holder channels such as PlayStation and Xbox.
- Monitoring effective benchmarks for measuring the growth of the Chinese and wider community, and analysing, reviewing, and reporting on effectiveness of new initiatives
- Regularly delivering insights gained from community monitoring into the commercial team, to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitoring trends in online community tools, trends and applications
- Other duties as required
The skills & experience you will need are:
- An unquenchable passion for video games, their development a solid understanding of the current video games industry.
- Strong understanding and experience of Team17’s games and their audiences
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Fluency in English with a working knowledge of Simplified Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin)
- A minimum of one year’s experience of community management or social media communications experience
- Experience and practical knowledge of all major social media and video distribution platforms including those used across China
- Experience of online gaming communities such as Steam and Discord
- Have created and executed a community-focussed social media campaign
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- A logical approach to problem solving
- An energetic and flexible approach to every day working life
- Competence in relevant technology
A competitive salary and benefits are available, along with relocation assistance where required.
- TIGA Awards 2015
- TIGA Awards 2015
Debbie Bestwick, Team17
- MCV Awards 2015
Person of the Year
Mega Sales Award
- Develop Awards 2015
- BAFTA Breakthrough Brit 2015
Mouldy Toof, The Escapists
- TIGA Awards 2015
- TIGA Awards 2014
- Develop Awards 2014
- UKIE’s gamescom
UK Game of Show 2014
- App Store
Best of 2013