Apply for this role - Assistant QA Manager – Wakefield
This is a great opportunity to join the UK’s most exciting, award winning developer and games label, Team17 in a brand new role – created due to the huge growth we have undergone within the past 12-18 months.
We’re looking for an Assistant QA Manager to join us our ever expanding QA Team in a role with real responsibility.
Who could pass on the opportunity to work with the developer/publisher behind titles such as Worms, The Escapists, Overcooked, Yooka-Laylee and so much more!
You will have responsibility for:
- Planning and organising the entire QA process from start to finish on multiple projects.
- Scrutinising tester’s day-to-day performance and focus, as well as bug databases and test plan usage.
- Working closely with the QA Manager on departmental tasks.
- Assisting the QA Manager in mentoring, training and undertaking performance reviews of QA staff.
- Scrutinising testing plans to ensure all titles are defect free and ready for any platform holder certification testing.
- Planning, creating and executing risk assessment documentation to assure that all projects pass smoothly through the QA cycle.
- Compiling a list of defects or any issues of design or implementation during a testing cycle.
- Preparing bug analysis reports for Production staff.
- Identifying and articulating problem areas within projects and general QA practices.
- Participating in game reviews and evaluations to measure the functionality of a game against its design specification.
- Working side-by-side with development teams to track issues and provide any help to assist in the remedy of any defects.
- Maintaining a positive atmosphere and strong worth ethic within the QA department.
- Testing games to destruction to find and document any and all defects.
Key Skills and Experience:
Candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- At least 2 years in a QA Management role within a Games Studio
- An absolute passion for gaming
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding leadership abilities
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Imagination and creativity
- An energetic and flexible approach
- Close attention to detail
Highly competitive salary plus excellent benefits package
Mega Sales Award
- Develop Awards 2015
- “Outstanding Contribution to UK Games Industry”-Golden Joysticks 2017
- Nominated “Indie Games Publisher of the Year” – Team17 MCV 2018
- BAFTA Games Awards 2017 – “British Game” – Ghost Town Games, Overcooked