Leading independent publisher and developer Team17 have today announced that their Great British Gam Jam 2014 award-winning game [R]evolve is now available to download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch for free via the App Store.
[R]evolve was originally prototyped in just 48 hours, as Team17’s entry into 2014’s Great British Game Jam which took place on the 6th-7th February and featured participating teams from UK developers Team17, Bossa Studios and Future Games of London. The theme of the jam ‘resilience’ was revealed and judged by independent body Ukie.
Ukie CEO, Dr Jo Twist said “The standard of the games created was phenomenal. It’s so great to see such creativity and diversity being demonstrated by some of the UK’s best developers, especially within such tight time constraints. We congratulate Team 17 on their winning game and thank all the teams who entered for their fantastic work. We are honoured to have judged the games and we are looking forward to being part of the next jam.”
Debbie Bestwick, Managing Director of Team 17 said “Winning the Great British Game Jam is a terrific achievement and I’m extremely proud of the Teamsters who created [R]evolve. To develop something in just two days is a difficult task but the team certainly rose to the challenge. GBGJ14 is a great showcase for the talent the UK has within its studios.”
Now you can play [R]evolve on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch for FREE!
Life is evolving on an alien planet and it’s your job to protect it! Weather a constant bombardment of meteorites from outer space, spin the planet to save its inhabitants and evolve and spread life. The more life you can evolve and the longer you can keep it alive, the higher your score will be! You’ve got to revolve to evolve!
· CUTE AND COLOURFUL ALIENS – Play well and your planet will be teeming with green three eyed monsters!
· FAST PACED TWITCH GAMEPLAY – Those meteorites travel fast, spin the planet around to avoid the danger and keep your alien population alive and growing.
· SIMPLE CONTROL SYSTEM –Simply tap the left and right sides of the screen to rotate the planet.
· BEAUTIFUL RETINA DISPLAY GRAPHICS – [R]evolve looks great, with beautiful HD graphics that take full advantage of retina displays.
· GAME CENTER SUPPORT – Log in with Game Center and post your high scores to the online leaderboards. Beat friends and strangers alike to climb to that coveted No.1 spot!
Exclusive to mobile, [R]evolve is now available to download for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch via the App Store.