Howdy golfers! Teams Mode has arrived for Golf With Your Friends on Nintendo Switch!⛳
It’s time to pick your team, assemble your friends and hit the course again in this new game mode! 🏌🏼🏌🏼♂️
Split into teams of any size and represent different locales from across the Golf With You Friends world as you rack up points for your team, and with multiple options for team scoring, and ball collision rules aplenty, this is golf like it’s never been played before!
- A brand new mode! Teams Mode offers a new way for players to play with their friends, both online and offline. Pick your teammates and select one of 12 new pre-set teams representing the many locations of GWYF to compete against each other in any team size configurations.
- New game setting options are available for teams sessions allowing multiple ways to calculate your team scores. New ball collision options are also available offering the ability to collide with only your teammates or just the enemy team. Perfect for offering some helping hands or sinister strategies to secure the win for your Team.
- Teams can be enabled in any existing game mode and on any course.
- Featured Teams are: Nimble Gnomes, Cursed Corrupters, Hot-Air Hitters, The Lumberjacks, Bunker Banshees, Putting Pharaohs, The Cosmics, Jurassic Jaws, Crossbone Caddies, The Fireflies, Gumdrop Golfers and the Deep Sea Divers.
- New ‘Teams Mascot’ Themed Cosmetic Hat Pack (12 Hats).
- Free Cosmetic Sticker Pack (12 stickers) to match the new teams, allowing players to play in their favourite team colours!
- New score feed UI indicates when a player’s ball enters the hole and how many shots it took, offering a real time update on how the game develops.
- Multiple controller support for local Hotseat which will allow for players to use their own controllers, instead of needing to pass around and share a single pad. Supporting up to 4 controllers. The game will listen for any controller input at the start of each player’s turn.
Quality of Life Fixes
- [Hotseat] Fixed a problem where a player’s turn could end prematurely when interacting with black holes and cause a soft lock.
- [Volcano] Fixed a problem on Hole 17 where a player could become stuck if they hit a certain type of pipe from a specific angle.
- [Peaceful Pines] Fixed an issue where the ball did not get reset after falling into the water on Hole 8.
- [Escapists] Fixed an issue where a naughty slice of bread between Hole 6 and 7 did not reset the ball position.
- [Museum] Fixed a problem where part of the stone floor on Hole 6 didn’t reset the ball.
- [Bouncy Castle][Hockey] Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to get stuck in a hole that was hidden under the Hole 8 goal tile when playing in Hockey mode.
- [Hockey] Fixed an issue where freestanding hockey goalies appeared stationary for all players except for the Host in multiple courses.
- Various other minor improvements and bug fixes.
Make sure to join our official Golf With Your Friends Discord to talk all things golf and follow the game on Twitter and Facebook too!