Published: 19th April 2023
Age of Darkness: Final Stand
Brace yourself against huge tidal waves of Nightmares and claim back territory from The Veil as you build the last bastion of humanity. Led by powerful heroes, turn the tide of desperate battles as you muster your forces and earn your blessings.
The darkness is an entity of evil. Some say it is the manifestation of human fear and nightmares, others say it is a wandering mass of damned souls haunting us. The origin of the darkness itself is unknown, but one thing for certain is that we can keep it at bay through the power of light and fire.
An unrelenting rumbling of nightmare fuel
Brace yourself against huge tidal waves of Nightmares. Leveraging an internally developed technology called ‘SwarmTech’ allows the game to render over 70,000 enemy units on the screen at one time. These enemy legions claw their way up through seething fissures in the earth to reinforce ‘The Veil’.
The living death fog consumes all
Light up a rich, complex, procedurally generated map to claim territory back from ‘The Veil’. A dynamic living death fog that conceals enemies and drains life from your troops. Holding the line against this terror is not for the faint of heart.
In a world of malice, earn your blessings
Borrowing from the the roguelite genre, Malices are random afflictions placed on the player during every Death Night, unraveling the best made plans. Conversely, if a Death Night is survived, you may decide between three randomly selected Blessings, enriching the experience and giving your army a much needed edge.
A champion must rise from this desolation
Lead the charge against the horrors of the night with powerful and unique Heroes. Using special abilities gained from leveling up, these Heroes can be key to turning the tide of a desperate battle. But beware, the Nightmares have Elite roaming champions of their own that drop precious resources when killed, posing an extreme and ever-present threat to your expansion.
- ‘SwarmTech’ allowing for over 70,000 swarming AI units on screen at any time
- Build defenses against thousands of enemies during Death Nights
- Day & Night transitions, expand by day, hunt by night
- Unique Heroes to level up and micro-manage to gain an edge against the dark
- Living Death Fog system that grows and recoils from the light
- Randomized Malices & Blessings to make every survival unique
- Multi-faceted Skill Tree system to progress through for your Units
- Wandering Elite Nightmares that may ambush your party and drop precious Dark Essence
- Horror and Embolden based status effects which may curse or aid your troops
- Special Nightmare units, Spitters, Crushers, and Wraiths that test your combat skills
Published: 13th April 2023
Age of Darkness: Final Stand – Hero Deep Dive: Merek Longhold
Published: 4th April 2023
Age of Darkness: Final Stand – Flames of Retribution: Before the Darkness Pt. 1
Published: 15th December 2022
Age of Darkness: Final Stand – Rebellion’s Rise Update v0.8.3
Published: 6th September 2022
Age of Darkness: Final Stand | Patch Update v0.8.1
Published: 3rd August 2022
Age of Darkness: Final Stand – Content Update v0.8.0
Published: 3rd May 2022
Age of Darkness: Final Stand – Content Update v0.6.2 out now!
Published: 7th October 2021
Age of Darkness: Final Stand OUT NOW in Early Access!
Published: 6th October 2021