New release window announced and first narrative trailer unveiled for upcoming WWII strategy title; playable demo deploying soon via Steam Next Fest.
Absolutely Games and Team17 Digital have today announced that Classified: France ‘44, the WWII-based strategy epic, coming to PC, PlayStation®5, and Xbox Series X|S, will now launch in early 2024 on all platforms. The developer and publisher have also released a brand-new trailer introducing several of the game’s characters from the Allied special forces, and revealed that the game will have a playable demo available from 9-16th October during the upcoming Steam Next Fest.
Classified: France ‘44 is an original take on turn-based tactics that authentically captures the challenges of World War II firefights. Set deep in the heart of Nazi-occupied France, take charge of the Jedburghs: a group of special forces working with the Resistance. Use an extensive RPG system to build a team of skilled soldiers and experience history first-hand as you fight to define the success of D-Day.
- Unique morale system: Every shot counts. Even if it misses, fire wears down enemy forces’ morale and can turn the tide in the heat of battle
- Tactical stealth action: Infiltrate enemy positions; set up ambushes, and choose your overwatch targets wisely. Friendly fire can shape the battlefield, so position your squad and pick your marks carefully
- Engaging and replayable campaign: Define the success of the historic ‘D-Day’ battle with a replayable campaign with 15 different endings. Form a specialist team, court the Resistance factions and aid them in building their strength, and make decisions that lead to game-changing outcomes.
- Historically authentic gameplay: Mirroring real-world military tactics, missions are a thrilling, varied experience. Use your tactical toolbox of stealth, ambush, morale and flanking to outwit the enemy and aid the Resistance.
- The Classified System: Built on the ‘Classified System’ players can access in-game tools to create their own missions to share with the community.
About Absolutely Games
Formed in late-2019 by industry veterans, each with over 25 years’ experience, Absolutely Games is set to be a new powerhouse of strategy and tactical video games. Consisting of 27 talented developers and with a focus on a strong vision, culture, and belief in excellence, the studio prides itself on developing evolutionary, high-quality gaming experiences for PC and consoles. Its first title will be Classified: France ’44, a historical strategy experience set in the run up to D-Day, coming to PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S consoles in early 2024. Visit www.absolutelygames.net for more information.
About Team17 Digital
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Part of Team17 Group plc, which floated on AIM in 2018, Team17 Digital has an extensive portfolio of over 120 titles, and fully encapsulates the spirit of independent games. Winner of the ‘Publishing Star’ award at the 2023 Develop: Star Awards, Team17 Digital has assembled a portfolio of multi-award-winning and award-nominated in-house brands include Hell Let Loose, Golf With Your Friends, The Escapists, and the iconic Worms franchise, alongside its games label partner titles, including the award-winning games Blasphemous, Greak: Memories of Azur, DREDGE, and the Overcooked! franchise. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
“PlayStation” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.