User Research Assistant- 6 months contract with option to extend
Team17 Games Label is busier than ever working on an array of successful and great new games IP. We are expanding rapidly – 2015, 2016 and 2017 have all been record years.
We offer a friendly and challenging working environment and multitude of different game IP’s across all platforms. We work with propriety and third party middleware. With such a variety you will not be bored!!
We are now looking to expand our User Research department whose main responsibilities are to acquire player experience feedback to help shape amazing and fun gameplay for Team17 Games.
In this role you will be responsible for helping to shape the usability process, to meet the demands of the Company’s development teams, by providing actionable feedback from usability sessions.
- Maintaining, and then growing our player database via recruitment drives
- Organising regular sessions (e.g. finding players, setting up the lab, talking with producers)
- Help to design, and then implement usability sessions that fit development needs
- Moderating usability sessions, and interacting with players
- Acquiring accurate, and useful feedback from players
- Analysing the data and feedback, and using that to produce informative reports, and actionable recommendations.
The skills and experience you will need are:
- An unquenchable passion for video games, their development, and a solid understanding of the current video games industry
- Experience of research methods and ethics – qualitative and quantitative
- Proactive and driven, and able to go out and build up both a process and database of users
- Good report writing skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Personable and able to get on well with others
- Proven experience of working within a team
- Great organisation skills
- Computer literacy
- A degree in Psychology, or other similar social science – essential
- A competitive salary and benefits will be paid