Team17 Digital Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Team17 Digital Ltd of Castleview House, Calder Island Way, Calder Island, Wakefield, WF2 7AW, United Kingdom.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in our game apps (our apps). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site/apps, subscribing to our service, posting or uploading material, purchasing products and services (including or spending virtual currency) or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information if you enter any competitions or promotions and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site/apps and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site/apps including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Details of your personal interests and preferences of which you inform us when you complete forms or answer questions when registering to use our site.
- When you invite new members into your network or send messages through our app, we collect and maintain on secure servers the information associated with those messages, including email addresses and content.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
PLEASE NOTE, AS A CONDITION OF REGISTERING FOR OUR SITE OR USING OUR APPS, YOU MUST AGREE TO RECEIVING TARGETED ON-SCREEN ADVERTISING AS OUTLINED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO RECEIVE THIS, DO NOT REGISTER FOR OUR SITE OR USE OUR APPS.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To target on-screen advertising from our advertisers, tailored for you based on information and details you have given to us in the process of registering to use our site.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
FURTHER, CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WHICH YOU DECIDE TO MAKE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF OUR SITE TO SEE WILL BE DISPLAYED ON YOUR PROFILE PAGE IN PROXIMITY TO YOUR AVATAR OR PROFILE PICTURE. YOU SHOULD ONLY THEREFORE PROVIDE SUCH DATA AS YOU ARE ENTIRELY COMFORTABLE WITH PROVIDING AND WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT PROVIDE DETAILS SUCH AS A HOME OR OFFICE ADDRESS OR CONTACT DETAILS, PHOTOGRAPHS OR OTHER CONTACT INFORMATION WHICH COULD BE USED TO MAKE PERSONAL CONTACT WITH YOU.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. If you are an existing customer, we may only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) may contact you by electronic means ONLY if you have consented to this.
Before we use your data in this way, we will notify you and/or provide you with a series of tick box options during registration. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with anonymised and/or aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such anonymised and/or aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes, although if you want to register to use our site, you must accept that you will allow certain on-screen advertising, tailored to you as a condition of registration. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our site or Apps may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or Apps of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.